Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Upcoming Album: Two Cow Garage

Before I start, I want to say that for personal reasons I will be breaking away from my Monday-Friday everyday posting schedule. From now on, I will be regularly posting on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Mondays will be posts about random things, like how I wrote about Nickelodeon cartoons or my favorite epic songs. Tuesdays will be album reviews, predominately albums released that day. Fridays will be what has now become my usual Friday post, with news bits from the previous week about music, movies, etc. Additional posts will show up throughout the week as I see fit. And now on with the post.

I decided to dedicate this post to Two Cow Garage. I wrote a small bit about them a while back when I was talking about cowpunk and alt-country. They have a new album coming out that I am excited about. Along with Jimmy Eat World, Bad Religion and Guster, it's one of my most anticipated albums coming up. I wrote about this when I first heard the news, but I always like helping to spread the word about bands that honestly deserve to be far more well-known then they currently are. The album is called Sweet Saint Me and will be officially released October 26th (expect to see a review of it here).

I first heard about Two Cow Garage when I was ordering something from Suburban Home Records (I think it was either Tim Barry or Josh Small). I saw the name and was intrigued, so I read the description of the album and just had to hear it (the album, by the way, was III, their appropriately titled third full length release). I loved the album and became a fan. But even if I wasn't familiar with the band I would still be interested in the album after reading a blog post about it from Virgil from Suburban Home. Virgil had nothing but good things to say about the band in general, and said that this album is his favorite work of all that they've done. He mentioned in the post that if he could, he would just take anyone reading it out for a pint so he could sit and talk to them about how much the band means to him. Suburban Home has put out some great records over the years, and they've given a lot back to the fans through amazing sales, great tours and celebrations for the label's birthdays. I have nothing but respect for Virgil, so if this band means that much to him, then I would have to check out the album.

The band are starting a tour in a few days to suppor the album. I was very excited to see Buffalo (about an hour from where I live) on the list. I was less excited that Dave Hause from Loved Ones is playing several dates, but stopping just before the Buffalo date. I would have loved to see him play. But still, the Buffalo date is good news to me because most of the bands I like have been skipping over Western New York lately. Here are the dates, copy-and-pasted directly from Suburban Homes:

9/25/10 Columbus, OH @ Rumba Cafe (ALBUM RELEASE SHOW FOR SWEET SAINT ME)
9/30/10 Newport, KY @ Parlour @ Southgate House
10/1/10 Nashville, TN @ The Basement
10/2/10 Oxford, MS @ Blind Pig – Oxford
10/5/10 Little Rock, AR @ White Water Tavern
10/6/10 Austin, TX @ Red 7
10/7/10 Dallas, TX @ Double Wide
10/8/10 Houston, TX @ Rudyard’s
10/9/10 Baton Rouge, LA @ North Gate Tavern
10/12/10 Orlando, FL @ Will’s Pub w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/13/10 Gainesville, FL @ The Atlantic w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/14/10 Atlanta, GA @ MJQ’s Drunken Unicorn w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/15/10 West Columbia, SC @ New Brookland Tavern w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/16/10 Jacksonville, AL @ Brother’s Bar w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/17/10 Raleigh, NC @ King’s Barcade w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/18/10 Washington, D.C. @ Black Cat – Backstage w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/19/10 Newark, DE @ Mojo’s Main w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/20/10 Brooklyn, NY @ Union Hall w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/21/10 Providence, RI @ Club Hell w/ Dave Hause (of Loved Ones)
10/22/10 Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place w/ Cheap Girls, Carpenter
10/23/10 Erie, PA @ The Crooked I
11/3/10 Normal, IL @ Firehouse Pizza & Pub
11/5/10 Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock w/ The Evening Rig
11/7/10 Lawrence, KS @ Replay Lounge
11/8/10 Ft Collins, CO @ Surfside 7
11/9/10 Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive
11/10/10 Salt Lake City, UT @ Burt’s Tiki Lounge
11/12/10 Seattle, WA @ The Sunset Tavern
11/13/10 Bremerton, WA @ Winterland w/ I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In the House
11/14/10 Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge w/ I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In the House, Olin & The Moon
11/15/10 Stockton, CA @ Plea for Peace Center w/ Olin & The Moon, Daniel Francis Doyle
11/17/10 San Diego, CA @ Ruby Room w/ Olin & The Moon
11/18/10 Los Angeles, CA @ Spaceland w/ Olin & The Moon
11/19/10 Tempe, AZ @ Yucca Tap Room w/ Olin & The Moon
11/21/10 Manhattan, KS @ Auntie Mae’s Parlor
11/22/10 St Louis, MO @ Off Broadway
11/23/10 Chicago, IL @ Schubas Tavern

No comments:

Post a Comment