Monday, November 8, 2010

Upcoming Releases That Excite And/Or Interest Me

So my NaNoWriMo isn't getting much progress made, so I figured I should at least make sure I had a blog update for today, however late it might be.

I am constantly finding out about new albums coming out or recently out, but most of those are pleasant discoveries. Here is a list of known upcoming releases I'm excited about or at least have an interest in (due to the lack of specific details of some of them, often due to uncertainty from the band, I have decided to not include release date and label information like I usually would).

Hour Of The Wolf - Decompositions, Volume 1
This comes out tomorrow. I'll have more to say about it then.

The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
Rumored to be named in reference to The Smiths' The Queen Is Dead (and, in fact, frontman Colin Meloy namechecks Morrissey and The Smiths as influences whenever he can), The King Is Dead is the followup to 2009's The Hazards Of Love. As far as I know, the new album is not a concept album like Hazards was. I wrote on Friday about the first song they released from the album. Based on that song, I can't wait for this album to come out. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until January.

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine (reissue)
It's not a new album from the amazing Trent Reznor, only a reissue. But still, I never bought a copy of NIN's first album despite loving The Fragile, With Teeth and Year Zero. So when I heard about this, I thought I might as well make this the opportunity to pick up a copy finally.

The Aquabats! - Radio Down
The renegades from the doomed island of Aquabania (read the band's backstory, it's pretty awesome) are back with their first new release since 2005's Charge!! (the band has been a bit preoccupied trying to get a cartoon show made and working on frontman Christian Jacob's Nick Jr show, Yo Gabba Gabba). They were meant to release a full-length album tomorrow, but when Fearless Records picked up the release they asked them to postpone it and release this 3-song EP instead.

The Queers - Back To The Basement
They have a terrible name, but The Queers have been churning out great bubblegum punk since the 80's, when Joe Queer decided to take up an offensive name and rip off Screeching Weasel. I loved their last album, Munki Brain, so I'm looking forward to hearing what they sound like 3 years later. And the title seems to imply a return to roots, so that's cool too.

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Does Gerard Way know how make albums that aren't concept albums? I guess not. I thought I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was decent. I thought Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was pretty good. I thought The Black Parade was kinda meh. So I am kinda interested in hearing what this new one sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment